In the spring of 2018, SSU established a university-wide IT Advisory Group in response to an IT assessment that was conducted under the leadership of the Provost in the fall of 2017.
The purpose of the group is to provide an advisory governance structure to help IT align with campus priorities. The group is advisory to the cabinet, via the Provost, in helping set IT priorities for the institution. ITAG’s purpose is to discuss, evaluate, recommend and share information and ideas related to the information and communication technologies used within the University. The group is advisory to the CIO, Lee Krichmar, who also attends meetings and is part of the group.
- Review and prioritize the IT Project List and ensure strategic alignment
- Oversee the delivery of IT Projects and the effective use of technology resources
- Manage all IT related audit findings and ensure overall compliance for disaster recovery
- Review, recommend, and evaluate hardware and software standards
- Review and evaluate university refresh cycle of hardware replacement
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of the IT Strategic Plan
- Direct the activities related to security posture including IT risk assessment
- Ensures the protection of and access to sensitive data
The advisory group membership is as follows:
CIO and Chair:
AVP Designees from Each Division:
David Crozier, AVP for Financial Services, Administration & Finance
Ian Hannah, AVP for Advancement Operations, University Advancement
Laura Monje-Paulson, AVP for Student Affairs
Elias Lopez, AVP for Academic Resources, Academic Affairs
Sandra Ayala, Associate Professor, School of Education
The group meets monthly, typically on the 1st Monday of the month from 1:00 – 2:00 in the Academic Affairs Conference Room.