A project charter is a document that formally authorizes the existence of a project and the authority to apply resources to project activities.
Project Leads must ensure that all ITAG-approved projects have a project charter in place during the project's initiating phase.
Tips for Project Leads:
- Develop the Project Charter with your project team.
- Review the Project Charter with your project sponsor and get their approval / acceptance.
- Clear and common understanding of the scope.
- Clarity on roles and responsibilities.
- Team Building.
- Problem Statement
- Business Case & Benefits
- Goal Statement
- Preliminary Milestones
- Scope In/Out
- Objectives and Success Criteria
- Risks and Constraints
- Project Team Members
- Cost Estimates
- Approval / Acceptance
To get a copy of the template, access the Project Management Templates shared folder.