Vital to the success of accessibility at Sonoma State University is the adoption of accessibility standards for purchasing electronic and IT systems including web applications, hardware, software, telecommunications, multimedia and products such as copiers, fax machines, information kiosks, etc. As the University acquires new resources, they must comply with Section 508 because we are using public funds.
Procurement Process for IT
Before making IT-related purchases, employees must follow the procedure below to initiate an accessibility review.
- Obtain a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) for all IT-related purchases, excluding standard IT Hardware.
- Fill out the online IT Certification form (Seawolf login).
- Upload or provide a URL for the VPAT in the IT Certification form.
- If you cannot find a VPAT, IT will search for one.
- For some Cloud storage & services only, you may also need to fill out the Department Cloud Usage Checklist (Seawolf ID required). IT will let you know if this is required, and will provide assistance. Additional information about the Cloud procurement process is available here.
- Once approved by IT, send the IT Certification, VPAT and CSU Data Requirements Checklist to Procurement & Contract Services along with your EREQ via email at email@example.com.
- If the product is free, you will submit an EREQ for zero dollars.
Please contact IT at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this process.
A flowchart of this process is also available.
|Risk Level||Impact Factors||Review Level|
|Public Facing||Required for Class or Work||# of Users|
(If any of the impact factors is Yes)
(All impact factors match)