Zoom web conferencing includes an option that allows meeting hosts to provide closed captions for a meeting. Once enabled, the meeting host can assign the captioning function to a designated meeting participant. That captioner can then transcribe (type) the conversation into the CC tool. The closed captions are available to all meeting participants.
To enable captions:
- Login to sonomastate.zoom.us.
- Use your SSU Seawolf username and password to authenticate.
- In your Zoom profile, click the My Settings tab [view screenshot of step 3].
- In the section labeled In Meeting (Advanced), click Edit [view screenshot of step 4].
- Check Closed Caption [view screenshot of step 5 and 6].
- Click Save.