If the work is recurring, ongoing, with no defined end, then you might have an operational process, and not a project.
For example: The development of a new application is a project and providing support to users of that application is operations.
Examples of Operations or Maintenance activities:
- Minor modification or an upgrade to an existing process or program, for instance:
- Cashnet interface upgrade
- PeopleSoft regular updates
- Systems patching
- Single person’s office moves
- Single room’s AV equipment refresh