Eduroam provides on-campus WiFi access to visiting faculty, staff and students from participating institutions utilizing their home institution credentials. It also provides SSU faculty, staff and students who will be visiting a participating institution the ability to connect to eduroam while away.
When visiting Eduroam campuses
- Select eduroam from the list of available wireless networks detected by your device.
- Enter your normal SSU username in the form of seawolfID@solar.sonoma.edu. Logins will fail if "@solar.sonoma.edu" is not included.
- Use your normal Seawolf ID password.
Using Eduroam while visiting SSU
Campus visitors from eduroam participating institutions can simply select eduroam from their list of available wireless networks and login using their institution's credentials. If you experience any issues with eduroam while visiting SSU, contact your home institution's service desk.
Campus visitors not from a participating institution should use the SSUWLAN guest wireless network.
Other Configuration Settings
Some devices, particularly those running the Android operating system, require additional settings to connect to Eduroam. Information required to configure a device to connect to Eduroam is listed below:
- Wireless SSID: eduroam
- Network Authentication: WPA2-Enterprise. If WPA2-Enterprise is not available, you can try 802.1x EAP
- Data Encryption: AES
- Authentication (EAP) Type: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Anonymous Identity: Leave blank
- Domain: Leave blank