Use the following steps to control the projection system using the control panel and other elements of the presentation equipment.
1. Turning On The Projection System
The Control Panel
- Push the appropriate button on the control panel to select the first device to be used; the VCR, DVD, Mac, or your laptop computer.
- Turn on the projector on by pressing and releasing the "ON" button in the Control Panel's Display section. It will begin to flash.
Do not push any buttons while the "ON" or "OFF" buttons are flashing.
2. Computer Choices For Projection
Choose either the supplied system computer or a user supplied computer.
Projection System Supplied Computer
- This is a dual-boot Intel-based Mac. It runs both Mac OS X and Windows.
- The iMac's power button is located on the rear bottom left of the machine when viewed from the front.
- The Mac Mini's power button is located on the rear top right of the machine when viewed from the front.
Selecting Operating System
- When first turning on the computer, a window with the two operating system options will come up. You have 30 seconds to select the operating system to use.
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to highlight the image for Mac OS X or Windows and press Return/ENTER to select the operating system. If you don't select an OS within the 30 seconds the machine will automatically boot into the last booted OS.
- Login using your Seawolf ID and password as you would in any University computer lab.
User Supplied Computer
Do not turn on the laptop until the Step 3 cable connections are complete as described below.
A VGA cable with audio line is provided for connecting the user supplied laptop to the VGA jack in the wall. In many rooms, this cable is permanently attached on the cabinet end.
Laptop users may need to provide a cable adapter specific to their model laptop.
- Connect the cable to the laptop following the manufacturer's instructions. The cable end with the long audio line (Figure 1) is plugged into the laptop.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the VGA port on the wall, generally located near the projection screen. The cable end with the short audio line is plugged into this port. See Figure 2.
- Power up the laptop. The laptop should detect the running display and configure itself.
- If the laptop was started prematurely or it is not displaying on the projection screen, restart the laptop. Call the IT Help Desk at x4-HELP (x4-4357) for assistance if the restart does not correct the issue.
3. Adjusting The Volume
Use the volume adjustment knob to adjust volume levels. A flashing volume indicator light means that adjustment has reached the end of the adjustment range. It is recommended you turn it all the way down until your source is running, as different sources have widely varying volume levels.
4. Picture And Audio Mutes
The projected image and the sound can be separately and temporarily be shut off without turning off the projector. Pressing "PIC MUTE" or "AUDIO MUTE" once will mute the picture and sound respectively. Pressing either again will end the muting of the picture and sound respectively.
5. Turning Off The Projection System
To power down, projector PRESS and HOLD the "OFF" button until it starts flashing.
Please shutdown the computer when you are finished.