NOTE: In order to use the VPN client, the user must be set up with the Duo multi-factor authentication.
How to Install VPN
- As an administrator of your computer, open a web browser and go to https://vpn.sonoma.edu.
- You’ll be asked to authenticate through our Online Services. Put in your user ID and password.
- At the Palo Alto Networks Global Protect portal, click on the download link "Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent".
- Run the GlobalProtect installation file you just downloaded.
How to Connect to VPN
- Once the application is installed, the window below will appear. In the blank field, type vpn.sonoma.edu and click on Connect.
- You’ll be asked to authenticate again.
- The icon below will appear in your menu at the top of your screen, indicating that you are connected.
- A message saying "Welcome to Sonoma State Networks" will pop up to confirm your connection. You have to close it, otherwise it will remain on your screen.
Note: In the event that the VPN connection is enabled but not connected, the application will repeatedly pop up to indicate that you need to connect. To remove that constant reminder, disable the VPN.
- To disable the VPN, click on the Global Protect icon in your menu bar and click on the “gear” symbol on the top right of the GlobalProtect window.
- Click on Disable.
- The greyed-out icon indicates that the VPN is now disabled.
- To re-enable the VPN connection, click on the icon and choose Enable.
Note: You may see an alert indicating the computer’s antivirus needs to update its definitions or indicating that there is no antivirus software installed. On a state-tagged computer, your VPN connection will continue to work in spite of the alerts. On a non-state-tagged computer, you may be prevented using the VPN until the issue is rectified.